ShockWave is a new therapeutic method which sends shock waves to specific body tissues, resulting in the increase of blood flow and metabolism in the affected area.
In this way, the following are affected:
- The release of endorphins is induced, thus reducing local sensitivity and pain.
- Chronic inflammation is transformed into an acute inflammation which can be detected and treated by the body.
- The body’s self-healing processes are activated.
- Calcification is effectively eliminated and the muscular contraction in the tissues is reduced.
Effective treatment for:
- Heel spur
- Plantar fasciitis
- Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
- Tendonitis (tennis-golf elbow, supraspinatus etc.)
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Myofascial pain (trigger points)
- Intense muscular contraction